|Posted by Sarah Barnett on February 19, 2017 at 11:25 AM||comments (0)|
This month we are focusing on skin care. After the harsh winter weather and now its still windy and cold you definately need more for your skin. Its time to get some deeply moisturising ingredients back into your skin. Even if your skin is oily this will help. We love this review on our Elizabeth Arden mask
What The Masque Does:
It has a rich and creamy texture.
It contains chlorogenic acids, ginger root extract and vitamin E which help give a nice glow to the skin.
It also contains papaya, pumpkin, pineapple and black willow bark extracts for enzyme exfoliation to help rid the skin impurities.
It has calming and hydrating ingredients that help diminish the signs of ageing.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on February 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM||comments (0)|
Eyelashes - we all want them longer. Did you know that eyelashes have lots of uses?
- they have 3 phases of growth. The first one is called 'anagen' which is where the eyelash will start to grow. Then its 'catagen' phase which is when they start to contract meaning they have stopped growing. After this stage is 'telogen' which is the resting stage when an eyelash has settled in. Eyelashes have a 100 day resting cycle before it falls out and a new one starts to grow.
- they fall out every day. Anywhere from 1 to 5 eyelashes will fall out every day.
- the eyelashes on your upper eyelid are twice as full as your lower lid
- tiny mites live on your eyelashes called Demodex. The purpose of them is to rid your eyelashes of dirt and debris. So when you have lash extensions you must always wash your lashes
- the main purposes of eyelashes is to protect your eyes and prevent things like dirt and other nasties getting in them.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on February 15, 2017 at 5:25 AM||comments (0)|
We had some exciting news Kerrie just passed her NVQ level 3 in beauty treatments. Kerrie has been with us for a year now and had previously never worked in a salon. She has proven to be an asset to the team. Not only is she very knowledgable about beauty treatments she is always training and learning. She is so dedicated to the beauty industry. We are pleased she joined us.
Kerrie offers the amazing Caci treatments and HD brows along with waxing and threading. She would like to continue learning and our next step will be dermaroller training.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on January 30, 2017 at 1:40 PM||comments (0)|
So today the team decided we would all be offering hot waxing on the face. It seems there is a lot of press about this at the moment with people talking about beard waxing. We have been hot waxing for years. It was only after talking to Kate who has recently gone on an advanced HD brow training course that I realised how easy it is compared to threading. Personally I love it and always take the fluffy hair off my face. Its so simple to do. It really doesnt hurt and it doesnt change the hair into a beard at all.
I think my make up sits better on my face afterwards and it definately makes me feel more confident. We can wax everywhere nostrils, ears, lip, chin, forehead! Not just ladies but men too. I dont think there is anyone else in Poole doing this so we will see how popular it is. The important thing is to leave the skin alone afterwards. Dont apply make up and definately dont go the gym. That way we can ensure you dont get any nasty spots.
Not only that but we now have this amazing wax we use and its so gentle but gets all the hair out. Cant wait to get booked in myself.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on January 21, 2017 at 3:10 AM||comments (0)|
We have so much going on in the salon right now. All our staff are undergoing gel nail extensions training as so many people are asking for them. This is really exciting for us to be able to offer new treatments. With us being right near the Dolphin centre we are in the perfect location in Poole for people when they are shopping.
We have done more lash extensions than ever before and I am personally coaching and training all my newly qualified staff to get them all up to the same standard. If you are interested in booking in they do the lashes for just £30. They are individual ones but it takes them about 2 hours or more to get them done.
We are all so excited to be offering these treatments and doing what we all love. Cant wait for it to warm up again! At least our salon is really warm.
Moving to Poole was our best business decision ever.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on January 1, 2017 at 11:15 AM||comments (0)|
Its the start of a new year and many of us are thinking of losing weight and getting back to the gym. I know I am! This is a great way to start the new year. Its so hard to find the movitation though. To help us all along we recommend the Caci stomach lifting machine.
This innovative brand has been around for 20 years. We are the only place in Poole centre offering this. Why go to the gym when this can help us out?
Faradic technology provides a specific form of electrical stimulation that is designed to firm and tone body muscles.
Electrically conductive pads are placed over specific muscle groups in the target area. As the current passes through the conductive pads it stimulates the motor points of the muscles triggering an involuntary muscle contraction. Each Faradic treatment session provides a form of passive muscle exercise a bit like having an intense work out but without even breaking a sweat. A typical 20 minute stomach treatment is the equivalent of doing 300 perfect sit ups
Faradic technology will not cause weight loss but by toning and firming the body muscles, there should be a change in body contours and measurable inch loss.
If you can visit us twice a week for your treatment. Kerrie works in Poole Monday-Wednesday so plenty of time to book in. These treatments along with a great diet and exercise will get you in shape in no time at all. Next time your in Poole why not pop in and see us? We are inside Toni and Guy hairdressers.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on December 27, 2016 at 3:20 AM||comments (0)|
Our top tips on making over your 2017 beauty routines. Any one of these changes will make a big difference to how you look and feel.
1. Groom your brows regularly with threading or waxing. Brows are the central point on your face and they make a statement without even knowing it. Make sure they are tidy and well looked after.
2. When moisturising your face, dont stop at your chin take your cream down to your neckline. Your neck is one of the first places to show signs of ageing.
3. Throw your make up spoinge every week. Its a breeding ground for bacteria. You can pick up great ones at Primark, less than the cost of your usual latte.
4. Wash your face every single night. Not with any kind of wipes. Use either a wash off or a cream cleanser to take away the dirt. Finish off with a spritz of toner to remove any remaining cleanser or dirt.
5. Clean your lip and eyeliner pencil by sharpening them as this will remove dirt and bacteria.
6. Clean your make up brushes weekly as this takes away any dirt of bacteria.
7. Start using an eye cream now. This will have a huge impact on your skin in the future. Most face creams are too heavy for the delicate eye area. Find one thats targeted to your skin type.
8. Start wearing a sun screen all year round. The number one cause of skin damage and ageing is the sun and it affects us all year round.
We hope you have a fabulous 2017 and looking forward to the new year.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on December 7, 2016 at 5:00 AM||comments (0)|
We are delighted to close our Wimborne branch and move all our therapists to Poole. Its not that Wimborne wasnt successful it really was but we have chosen Toni and Guy to work alongside in Poole. They are very professional and all the stylists in Poole are friendly. Unfortunately we could not build a relationship with the team in Wimborne so we are closing. All our therapists will be under one room offering lovely beauty treatments in the same style as Wimborne. This is a positive move for us. I personally will be here full time and I know the team are looking forward to being together. On top of this our salon in Poole is modern, bright and clean. We are all happy here. Its so easy when people are shopping to just pop in to see us.
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on December 6, 2016 at 3:10 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Sarah Barnett on November 13, 2016 at 6:55 AM||comments (0)|
This is an ancient Indian technique designed to remove hairs even fine fluffy ones. A cotton thread is used to pull out the hairs. Try to grow as much hair as possible before your appointment. Let our therapists know if you have particular style you would like. We are all highly trained and you are in good hands. No one every leaves us with different shaped eyebrows. I think you get what you pay for and yes there are really cheap threaders but I personally value my eyebrows too much and would rather pay someone to take their time over them. Making sure I get the right shape. Be prepared for some redness this is normal but it will die down after a few hours.
We have 2 amazing threaders in our Poole salon. One of whom is HD trained so you are in good hands.